I want to keep better log of all this, because when I try to remember back to when Kristopher did what, it's hard to remember. And honestly, I was pretty terrible at documenting everything that I wanted to in his baby book.
So, at 2 months, Keira's day looks like:
Getting up between 8 & 9. Some days even later than 9. She loves to sleep in. She nurses, gets dressed for the day, and is pretty happy and smiley. She hangs out in the kitchen with me, in her bouncy seat, while I unload the dishwasher and get things done out there. Within an hour, she starts to get fussy and nurses again. Then, naps for about an hour or 2. We just set up a crib this week, and it's a mix between naps in there, or in her swing. After a nap, she nurses again, and more awake time. During the day, the average awake time seems to still be about an hour or so, then she wants to nurse and take a mini nap. By evening though, she is pretty awake and will stay awake for 2-4 hours. Maybe a little 5 minute doze in there somewhere, but typically awake, nursing still about every hour or 2, and back to play.
Favorite things this week are her kick and play baby gym. It has a piano, and she quickly discovered how to kick to make music with that. Arms and legs go like crazy and she's smiley and coos. Loves to play under that every evening for at least a half hour. Sometimes as much as an hour. She's made a few really loud squeal type coo noises this week, which has scared herself and the dogs come running to see if she's ok. It's pretty cute.
We also just got her a baby einstein rocker seat. It sits more upright than her bouncer, and she LOVES to talk to that as well. Last night it meant that I got to eat my supper, without nursing her at the same time. That is a rare thing to happen!
She smiles for me all the time. This morning she smiled for her daddy for the first time as he was getting ready for work.
She loves her brother, and loves the dogs. Roxie is her favorite and she will smile huge, then as Roxie approaches she will open her mouth wide. Roxie is the lick-er and apparently the baby likes doggy tongue. It's gross, but cute at the same time.
At her doctor appt on Tuesday, she was 12lb 15ozs, and up to 24 and half inches long. That is a 5lb 1oz gain, and 4 inch growth. In 2 months! Big girl! She's off the charts in her height, and at the 94% for her weight. The doctor said her alertness and a couple other things she's doing, is more along the lines of what they would ask for at the 4 month appt, so that was nice to hear she's doing so well on that side of things as well. She got 3 shots and the liquid RSV vax, and cried horribly. Then seemed to relive the experience everytime she would settle into a sleep the day of. I felt so bad. Lots of snuggles and nursed a lot, and by evening she was back to her happy smiley self. No fever.
We have started to add cloth diapers to the mix this week. I'm still mixed on if I like it or not. But I did order a few more things to try. We will have quite the mixed stash for now. In disposables, she is a size 2, but we do need to move up to a 3 really soon because they simply are not containing her poops the way they should, and her chubby legs have red marks.
I'll end with a picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment